Saturday, June 11, 2011

{365} 162 Vintage

{365} 162 Vintage

A touch of vintage... I love to look at other blogs and see their vintage wares, but always lament that I never find anything worthy to show or share! I forgot that I have the mother of all vintage items in my kitchen and I'm sure it would make more than one vintage girl a wee bit jealous! This old enamel cake cooker belonged to my nan and it was her pride and joy, she said she bought it back in the 40's (and it rather looks it) it's funny I don't remember her ever having used it when I was a kid, though she was more of a scone nanny rather than a cake nanny ;) She gave me not long after we moved into our new home and although I can't use it as it is (trust me I did try, but it kept blowing the circuit) I have used the tin in the over {nearly} succesfully!

My other vintage that you can't see too well in this photo is the tupperware cake container of my mums. I had been hankering for one for ever and little did I know that I actually had one in the roof. Mum cleaned out bags of tupperware many years ago and I came home with so much stuff that some of it ended up in the roof space. When we pulled down the Christmas tree we found a bag of old, filthy tupperware and in it was this cake carrier. I'm not sure how it got up there as I would NEVER have put it in storage... I'm thinking the husbeast may have had a hand in hiding it on me... hmmm...



No comments: