Sunday, January 30, 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday ~ 30.01.11

Sunday again! I admit these shots were taken QUICKLY! Hopefully I will be into the swing of things again next week and can get creative once more… but for now – enjoy some (near enough*) SOOC photography!

* I say near enough, as most have only had either text or a slight colour enhancement (except for the seventies photo… that had a few different actions!)

 

1. Texture
A Glass vase received as a wedding present ~ I adore the texture and colour!

30.01.11 Texture

 

2. Fog
One from the archives… (there has been NO fog here of late) this was taken in 2009 (?) when a dust fog covered the city (we are an hour north of the city and it was this bad up here!) This photo was taken at 1pm just as it was moving in, very eery! 

30.01.11 Fog

 

3. Button
More play with my lensbaby + macro! I’ve had this button for ages I *think* it is a Polyclarific creation (I love her stuff!) I especially love all the bright squiggly little lines in it!

30.01.11 Button

 

4. Beverage (drink)
Unfortunately there has been no fun drinks to be had here of late. Even beer is a distant memory… the homer beer glasses are still getting a work out though, just filled with orange juice instead! And no… no vodka either!!!

30.01.11 Beverage

 

5. Seventies
Not strictly 70’s but I do remember these pair growing up in the very early 80’s! These are my vintage toys (purchased in 2005?) but with an old photo action to help them look the part of the 70’s!!!

30.01.11 Seventies

 

15 comments:

Cate said...

dust storms are creepy aren't they?? Almost as eerie as the smoke that rolls in when there's a bushfire. Great shot!!
Love the vintage toys too :-)
xxxCate

Kat said...

I love your button shot. And thanks for the tip about linking up early.

Style Attic said...

I love #1 and totally agree about your sentiments regarding color and texture!! 70's is totally classic and cute :)

deb duty said...

Really cool button and I love the texture in the vase too.

Ashley Sisk said...

These are great - I really like your texture shot. That actually could make a neat texture to use on top of photographs.

The Clip Cafe said...

I love your collection and really enjoy this challenge :o) Hope to post mine soon :-)

Life with Kaishon said...

I love your shots. I have wanted a lensbaby forever! What a fun picture to take using yours. That button is like art : ) Fabulous work! : ) Hope you have a great week with many picture taking opportunities! Love, Becky

Anne U said...

Great 70s shot and really great fog shot too.

Seizing My Day said...

Love the 70's shot.... they are classic 70's cartoon characters!! ;)

Pam Bowers said...

I like your texture and button. Very unique.

Jackie said...

Great pics!!!

Gretchen said...

Great shots... love your texture photo! AND... the vintage mickey and donald too! =)

julie said...

Great shots! Love your take on 70's!

Dina @ 4 Lettre Words said...

LOVE the last capture. Such a great duet!

Mommy2Four said...

Love the texture, and the 70's!