Sunday, January 23, 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday ~ 23.01.11


Another week – another 5 words to find and interpret! I struggled with a couple of these and I am not 100% happy with each of them, but that is the beauty of learning and playing and capturing!

1. Memories
All of my memories recorded in daily Journaling. Eleven completed books (give or take a hundred pages for a very slack year in 2010) I purchased my first journal in 1998, it took me nearly 6 years to complete, but once completed it’s taken me next to no time to finish the next 10! I very rarely use pictures (this page is a rarity) so these books are filled with handwritten words.

23.01.11 Memories

 


2. Silhouette
This weeks word for the EB Challenge was Light Trails, so I was outside at 10:30pm last night waiting for the moon to rise above our back trees. This is a shot I got while I was waiting (excuse the blur – I was attempting light trails freehand!)

23.01.11 Silhouette

 

3. Doorway
This one had me stumped and I’m not happy with the photo. This is our front doorway… I am sort of wishing I had time to traipse into the city to get some architectural shots… oh well – maybe next time it comes up, for now… a little piece of my home!

23.01.11 Doorway

 

4. Reflection
Now this is a favourite! I started thinking I would do another dodgy self portrait in the mirror, however yesterday while sitting out the back I noticed my reflection in these huge Witchery sunglasses I received FREE from a magazine. I started by trying to take my reflection, but then noticed the cool cloudy sky in the background and tried focusing on that instead… didn’t realise how tricky it was to get a clear shot in a reflection ;)

22.01.11 Reflection

 

5. Silver
I don’t own much jewellery, my favourite pieces including this silver bracelet live in a little teacup and saucer from my late nans’ collection!

23.01.11 Silver

If you are swinging by, stop & say Hi!
I am spending some time resting up this week
there will be many hours on my iPad,
so will be on the lookout for new blogs to seek!

9 comments:

jillconyers said...

Very cool reflective shot. I tried a similar idea but just couldn't get a nice clear shot. I need to keep practicing.

Brooke said...

Great reflection shot :D It turned out perfectly!

Nicolasa said...

Great reflection!

Ashley Sisk said...

I think they're all great. Your silhouette is pretty interesting and your doorway shot is too (even if you don't like it) - it's always cool to see what other people's entry looks like.

Kim @ It's a Crafty Life said...

I really like your silver shot!

Seizing My Day said...

fun reflection shot... love the clouds!

julie said...

Great memories shot & I really like the abstract look on your silver shot!

Gretchen said...

Your reflections shot is great! I like your silhouette shot too... interesting, a little mysterious!

Jackie said...

I LOVE the reflections shot